Is affiliate marketing dead?
The short answer is no, far from it.
However, it has changed.
“Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products. You find a product you like, promote it to others and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that you make.”
– Pat Flynn
Affiliate marketing as we used to know it is no more, but it’s taken on a new lease of life as digital marketing has evolved.
You’re now more likely to see affiliate marketing on Instagram, than in ads on Google.
– 16% of all online orders are generated through affiliate marketing.
– Since 2015, revenue from affiliate marketing programs grows by 10% annually. The projections are this impressive trend to continue at least until 2021.
– Affiliate Marketing generates at least as much as email marketing, contributing to about 15% of the total revenue made through digital marketing efforts.
– Money spent on affiliate marketing in the United States alone is steadily going up.
– 20% of publishers use affiliate marketing to generate revenue on a yearly basis.
Product reviews featuring affiliate links are disappearing, as have the pushy banners. Affiliate Marketing is no longer a secret, in fact it’s now glaringly obvious.
With the rise in influencers, affiliate marketing was reinvented. This also meant that new legislation was introduced so that followers/customers/etc were completely aware of may or may not be being sold to them as opposed to simply recommended.
One thing that hasn’t changed is it is not a ‘get rich quick’ scheme. It requires a lot of time and effort, as well as planning and tact. There are a number of tips we will be sharing with you in an upcoming blog post.
In the meantime, you can browse through the rest of our site to learn more about Affiliate Marketing.
So is affiliate marketing dead?
It’s more glaringly obvious now than ever before. It simply took on a new identity.
Some more information…
By signing up you get access to 2 pieces of free content, exclusive to our subscribers. They include a 7-part video series, that goes EVEN MORE in-depth then the blog. Giving you insight everything we do and teaches you all sorts of amazing things.
The second is our Ultimate Guide to Working Remotely. So if any of you are struggling, we’ve got you!
If that’s not enough(!), you can also click here to get access to next level training!! The training also focuses around Lifestyle Businesses and Affiliate Marketing – it really is a game changer. Oh, and it’s also completely FREE!
Have an epic day!