We’ve recently talked about, in quite a few blog posts, how important it is to try and move your body whilst in lockdown, essentially resisting the urge to get stuck in a Netflix binge. By no means are we saying that you should be running marathons everyday or training for a weight lifting competition. However, exercising from home and moving your body (at least a little bit) will make such a difference to your lockdown experience.
You probably would have seen on Instagram, there’s SO MANY options for workouts to do. Everyone one and their mum, by that I mean fitness professionals and gyms, are sharing workouts, doing live workouts, there’s literally everything.
There’s even gyms running their complete weekly gym class schedule on Instagram – shoutout to their social media team!!
If you’re stuck and wondering what to do, or where to start, we thought we’d share some of our favourite sources for exercising from home. Enjoy!
Ideas For Exercising From Home
The original place for finding workouts to do at home.
I find that it’s a great go to if you know what kind of workout you’re looking for, or if you want a workout for depending on how you’re feeling (e.g. searching ‘yoga for anxiety’). So definitely have a browse to see what you can find, what channels you like etc. I would be seriously shocked if you can’t find anything.
In saying that, here are a few of our favourites;
– YOGA WITH ADRIENE (yoga routines, clues in the name haha)
– CAT MEFFAN (also yoga based)
– MADFIT (really good for all sorts. She has workouts set to specific songs if that’s your jam, workouts designed for no equipment (amazing for lockdown), she also has a number of apartment-friendly workouts – i.e. no jumping around!)
It’s worth having a look around, because a lot of apps are offering discounts or free trials during lockdown. Apps particularly are good for if you’ve got some set fitness goals, I’ve found they’re good at keeping you on track and holding you accountable for working out.
– SHREDDY (Offer a variety of different plans depending on what you’re looking for, including an at-home workout plan that uses minimal equipment)
– CENTR (I mean it’s Thor’s app, if this isn’t going to whip you into shape I don’t know what will)
– RUNKEEPER (for running surprise surprise, I’ve been recommended this one a number of times)
– STRAVA (another good one for running and cycling etc.)
– GYMSHARK CONDITIONING APP
MORE OF MY PERSONAL FAVOURITES
Hopefully this helps and provides some inspiration for you! Even if it’s just going on a walk and getting outside, it’s almost guaranteed that exercising from home and moving your body will be so beneficial for you!
One thing that Ella’s found to be useful in holding accountability for workouts is FaceTiming friends and doing the workout together. That way you can’t let each other down!!
Until next time!